Warehouse: Storage & Handling - Doing What We Say Since 1974
Reliable, Safe, and Efficient Warehouse Services
How your store your products is just as important as how you move your products. At Calex, we provide food-grade storage, dry storage, and outside storage. We even offer short- and long-term warehousing, so you always have access to convenient, reliable, and safe storage space.
Get Warehouse Services You Can Rely On
Our warehousing solutions can help your company reduce overhead costs and capital investments. We also offer a wide array of third-party logistics services, from procurement to the end user.
When you work with Calex for your storage solutions, you will get:
- Storage Space– You can choose to keep your products in interior dry storage or in outside storage. All options are available for short- or long-term contracts.
- Additional Services– We also offer cross docking, de-container, and pick-and-pack solutions to help streamline the supply chain.
- Flexible Pricing– Every shipment has different requirements, so we can price our services by the each, by the case, by the pallet, or in bulk. We can be flexible to your situation.
- Cutting-Edge Technology– You will have online access to our real-time, fully integrated WMS so you will always know where your shipment is.
- Material Handling Equipment– We have a fleet of lifts with carton clamps, pull-slip sheet, paper roll clamp, barrel clamp, double pallet, and outdoor heavy capacity.
- Fulfillment Service & Equipment– We offer F-5 highspeed with heat tunnels, automatic label application, box tapers for variety packing, seasonal gift packages, special promotions, and high-speed shrink wrapping.
All of our warehousing facilities are company-owned and operated, which is why we are able to offer such flexible terms.
Everyone in these facilities are trained to the highest standards, and their top priority is the safety of your products while they are in our care.
Each of these buildings are filled with the latest technology for inventory control and warehouse management so we can make sure everything is loaded, unloaded, and properly stored as efficiently as possible.
Warehouse Fulfillment Operations
You can minimize redundancies and risks by employing our warehouse fulfillment services. From the high-speed shrink wrapping to the automatic labelers, we can handle a lot of the work that would otherwise increase your overhead and reduce your profits.
Our warehouse management system was designed to keep all of your products flowing smoothly through our facilities. When you partner with us for your warehouse operations, you can:
- Keep costs low
- Get support from a dedicated and productive staff
- Ensure that your inventory is received and shipped on time
- Keep sufficient inventory on hand, ready to be shipped
- Fulfill your customers’ demands
Forget the paperwork and the manual processes to store and protect your goods. Let Calex take over the grunt work so you can focus on designing and developing the very best products.
Warehouse Management Systems
The technology that keeps our warehouses running at peak efficiency continues to change and evolve. At Calex, our warehouse management system (WMS) provides the tools we need to keep everything moving as smoothly and as quickly as possible.
We use the WMS to eliminate a range of manual processes while optimizing your inventory storage, tracking, workload distribution, and shipping. It’s also what allows us to provide as much transparency as we can so you are always connected to your inventory and know exactly what is in stock and when you’ll need to consider another shipment.
Calex Warehouse Managers
The people who run our warehouses are just as important as the technologies we use to protect them.
Our managers oversee and control the activities in our facilities to ensure that the day-to-day operations run as smoothly as possible and see that every load is handled with the utmost care. These people are trained to:
- Make sure that all the best safety practices are strictly followed
- Keep all the products both safe and accessible
- Optimize the warehouse layout to increase efficiency
- Record and document all the inbound and outbound shipments
- Make use of the WMS to increase effectiveness
- Plan and manage increased or reduced inventory levels during seasonal shifts
- Follow all the necessary requirements for regulated materials
When you work with Calex, you won’t need to hire and train your own managers. Our staff is highly trained and ready to help you through this entire process.
Streamline Your Supply Chain Management
Expand your distribution capabilities and make sure you can consistently meet the needs of your customers by streamlining your supply chain management.
Our warehousing system and technology allows you to develop this part of the supply chain by increasing your distribution options, reducing the risk associated with storing at your own facilities, and consolidate much of your business in other areas.
Whether you’re looking for long-term storage or expect to turn the inventory over quickly with our fulfillment services, Calex has the warehousing solution you need.
Integrate Storage and Shipping Services with Calex
Our transportation capabilities can connect you to nearly 50% of the U.S. population same or next day from our facilities, so when you connect our shipping and warehousing solutions, you can start to gain a real competitive edge.
Just as an example, our warehouses are:
- 60 miles to New Jersey
- 120 miles to NYC / Long Island
- 125 miles to Philadelphia
- 225 miles to Washington DC / Baltimore
- 310 miles to Boston
- 575 miles to Charlotte
We can connect you to the highest concentration of customers very quickly. We can even ensure that your products get safely across the country, though it will take a little extra time.
Our trucks provide temperature-controlled and refrigerated shipping for perishables, no matter how far you’re sending them, and we have a 99.7% on-time service history, so you can rely on our integrated services.
Store Your Products with Calex
At Calex, we have built a strong, effective warehousing infrastructure so we can handle more loads and regular shipments while offering a wide range of third-party logistics services. When your products need to stay in storage for any length of time, you can rely on us to protect and organize your inventory until it’s time to send them off to their destinations.
Everyone on our warehousing staff is committed to the safe handling and shipping of your products.