Full Truckload (FTL) shipping services are a critical component of the supply chain for many manufacturers, retailers, and transportation services. There are, of course, a number of variables that could determine whether or not this is the right solution for your company, and at Calex ISCS, we can help you determine if this is your best option.
Everything from the size and weight of your shipment to the freight classification and delivery schedules can have an impact on how your products move from point A to point B, so it’s important to understand all the details of your shipment.
The Benefits of FTL Shipping Services
There are several important reasons to choose FTL shipping. This includes:
- Exclusive trailer space – Your freight will be the only products moving on the truck so you don’t have to worry about potential variables that come with sharing the space.
- Direct shipping – Your shipment will be loaded at the point of origin and will not make extra stops or change hands until it arrives at its destination.
- Efficient transit times – When your full truckload makes a direct trip, your transit times will be far more predictable. You’ll be able to schedule pickups and drop-offs much more effectively and provide firm delivery times.
Even if you don’t have a large enough load to fill the entire trailer, you can still potentially reserve the entire space and ship your products FTL. This is recommended when you want to ensure that your products won’t change hands or get damaged in transit.
FTL vs LTL
Less Than Truckload (LTL) shipping is an option used by small businesses that ship in reduced volumes.
However, producers need to be aware that this means they will be shipping their products with those from several other companies. Your shipment may also be loaded and unloaded many times before reaching its final destination. This dramatically increases the amount of handling and exposure your products will receive between point A and point B, increasing the likelihood of damage, spoilage, and more.
These extra stops also mean that it is harder to pinpoint an arrival time, so producers will have to give their receivers a range of possible times.
Calex ISCS does not currently offer LTL shipping services, but our specialists can help you understand your options so you can make an informed decision.
Professionalism All the Way
Calex ISCS is committed to providing the professional transportation services you need to support your business endeavors and build your brand. We specialize in timely FTL deliveries, safe and efficient warehouse solutions, professional and caring drivers, skilled and experienced warehouse managers, and dispatchers who understand your requirements.
We know the impact we have on your supply chain and strive to ensure that everyone involved with your shipment maintains a professional manner – one that is representative of your brand.
The Safest Transportation Services
The safety of your products is priority ONE at Calex.
We understand the need for safety in every delivery, so we focus on providing:
- Client engagement – You can stay in the loop from pickup to delivery. Our tracking system makes it easy to monitor your shipments so you’ll always know where they are at any given time.
- Driver improvement – Drivers are trained and expected to avoid risky behaviors on every delivery, no matter how far they travel. They know what to watch for and how to avoid potential issues.
- Truck maintenance – We work hard to keep every vehicle running at peak efficiency, including regular vehicle inspections, repairs, and replacements.
We use a lot of high-end technology to keep our vehicles running well, and our fleet and warehouse managers ensure that it all comes together in a single, safe, and effective solution.
Is FTL Freight the Right Choice for You?
You should consider shipping your freight FTL if:
- You are shipping more than 12 pallets at a time.
- Your product is fragile or sensitive and needs to avoid loading and unloading multiple times.
- You require firm delivery and pick-up dates.
Supply Chain Solutions from Start to Finish
- Flexible pricing
- High-tech security and monitoring
- A range of storage space options
- Material handling equipment
- Fulfillment services
All of our storage facilities are company-owned and operated, which makes it easy to offer the flexible terms you want. Everyone here is trained to the highest standards, so the safe storage, loading, and unloading processes are completed as swiftly and safely as possible.
Our transportation services can connect you to the highest concentration of customers very quickly, and we have the experience to manage these elements of the supply chain effectively and efficiently.
Make the Most of Every Shipment with Calex ISCS
At Calex, we live by one single commitment: “Say what you can do and do what you say”.
We say that we can help you find the most competitive rates in the industry and consistently provide the insights and customer service you need to make every shipment as efficient as possible.
We say that we have the experience, the technology, and the skills to protect your products as they move toward their destination.
We provide clear, honest, and direct information about our transportation services and how we can better help you reach your customers. We strive to help you discover the shipping options that can reduce your costs while streamlining your operations.