At Calex ISCS, we provide an extensive range of value-added services, including ambient or dry storage warehousing, so you can deliver your products to market safely and efficiently.
Our warehouses are designed to provide the specific type of storage you need to keep your goods safe and preserve their shelf lives. This means establishing and maintaining food-grade warehouse spaces that match the needs of your products.
Our high-tech solutions make it easy to separate products of like requirements so they are easy to inventory, stock, and retrieve so we can streamline your supply chain and keep your products moving. Contact one of our experts today and see what we can do for you.
Dry Storage for a Variety of Industries and Products
The warehouse specialists at Calex have extensive experience serving a wide range of industries and markets across the country, and they understand your needs for effective storage solutions.
Our dry warehousing storage services are ideal for products and goods that include, but are not limited to:
- Foods and beverages (any food grade products), including fruits, meats, vegetables, soft drinks and liquor
- Automotive products
- Bulk goods
- Pharmaceuticals and health products
- Paper products
- High-value products (precious metals, etc.)
- Raw materials
Important Elements of Effective Dry Storage
The most effective dry storage solution will address several important elements, including:
- Temperature – The ambient temperature of your dry storage area will have a huge impact on your products. Uncontrolled temperatures can shorten the shelf life of many types of goods.
- Moisture content – The amount of moisture in your products will contribute to their expiration date, even in dry storage. The dryer the products, the longer they will last.
- Storage containers – An air-tight seal will help protect your products while they’re in storage.
- Proximity – Storage is only one part of the supply chain, and the closer the warehouse is to your products’ final destination, the fresher they will be on arrival.
- Food grade storage – The zone in which your products are stored must meet the current regulations for food safety.
- Efficient operations – Managing inventory, picking and packing, consolidating freight, and other activities must preserve the integrity of the dry storage area and move product through the warehouse quickly and effectively.
- Effective handling – Bulk goods need to be verified against shipping manifests before moving them to the appropriate location for storage or preparing them to be loaded on a truck.
Warehouse Management System for Dry Storage
At Calex, we implement the most up-to-date warehouse management system to make sure everything goes to its proper place. This ensures the safety and integrity of your products while making it easier to process orders in and out of the facilities.
Our system makes it easy to streamline our processes so we can optimize your inventory storage, tracking, workload distribution, and shipping. This means we can provide more inventory visibility and better order fulfillment rates.
Working with Calex
Our warehouse facilities are all company-owned and operated, and every one of our staff members are trained to the highest standards to ensure your dry storage needs are met.
We employ the latest technology to manage our warehouses and make sure that everything is loaded, unloaded, and properly stored. You can minimize risks and maximize your potential profits by working with our specialists to get storage solutions that meet your needs.
Experienced Warehouse Managers
Your products are in good hands. Our managers are trained to oversee and control the activities in our dry storage warehouses and make sure that the environment is properly maintained and that your products are safe.
We make sure that:
- All the necessary safety practices are strictly followed
- All your products are safe and accessible
- The warehouse layout is optimized for dry storage
- All inbound and outbound shipments are properly documented
- The WMS is always used to increase efficiency
- All the rules and requirements for regulated materials are followed
- We plan for potential seasonal shifts
Integrate Your Dry Storage and Shipping and Optimize Your Supply Chain
We have developed a strong, effective warehousing infrastructure so we can handle more loads and regular shipments while offering a wide range of third-party logistics services, such as dry storage.
Start by storing your product here, and then take advantage of our shipping services to reach your customers as efficiently as possible.
Our transportation capabilities can connect you to nearly 50% of the U.S. population the same or the next day from our warehouses, which can be critical if your supply chain requires this kind of special storage.
Everyone on our warehousing staff is committed to the safe handling and shipping of your products.
Get in touch with us today or get an online quote and see what we can do for you.