At Calex, we are fully dedicated to keeping up with technology, which is why we are once again upgrading our fleet with the addition of many new Kenworth T680 tractors.
The T680 is the most advanced and aerodynamic truck ever produced by Kenworth. Its design was created after countless hours of CFD, track, and real-world testing, and the technology included in this model is amazing.
Everything about the new design contributes to a better and safer experience for our drivers which, in turn, leads to a more efficient supply chain for you.
We want you to feel confident when you use our shipping services, which means ensuring that your products are never shipped on an inferior truck.
Why Do We Like Kenworth So Much?
The PACCAR MX-13 engine in these trucks is state of the art. It includes a high-pressure common rail fuel system and a high power-to-weight ratio, which means that Kenworth’s new engine boast higher fuel economy than their previous engines. The block has significantly improved durability and a reduced weight because it is built from compacted graphite iron. This makes it much easier to service and keep running at peak efficiency.
When you pair this with the Eaton Advantage automated manual transmission this tractor is greatly improved over Kenworth’s older models.
Some of the other reasons we’ve chosen to add more Kenworth trucks to our fleet include:
- Kenworth Idle Management System: This battery-based system helps fleets cut down their idle time in hot and cold climates, saving $3,000 to $4,000 annually per truck.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System:The TPMS monitors each individual tire and reports back to the driver in real time, allowing for optimum pressure for improved fuel economy and reducing the potential for dangerous blowouts.
- Speed Control Management Systems:Engine software encourages the driver to up-shift at lower RPMs by reducing power. It also encourages drivers to drive in top gear by limiting RPM in the one gear below top gear.
- Adaptive Cruise Control:Kenworth’s adaptive cruise control system uses integrated proximity sensors with the engine and braking system to help keep at a steady distance from traffic while maintaining speed.
- Trailer Skirts & Tail:Improves fuel mileage by reducing the low-pressure zone at the rear of the trailer and controls air flow below and around the trailer.
- Dead Axle Tandem 6×2 Configuration:This configuration improves fuel mileage through power train efficiency, reduced parasitic drive train loss and weight savings.
- Wide-base Super Single Tires:Reduces weight by 300 lbs. and improves fuel mileage.
Providing the Most Reliable Freight Shipping
Effective freight shipping services are at the heart of effective supply chain management, which is why we strive to provide the reliability and transportation options you need to keep your products moving. Some of these options include:
- Refrigerated shipping– Deliver your perishable goods confidently. This allows you to ship frozen and fresh products in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Dry van services– We have a 48,500-load capacity, which means an 8% competitive advantage on this type of shipping.
- Flatbed/Conestoga service– This is an option for products that require specialized shipping.
- Satellite tracking – This technology gives us complete visibility on your products from pickup to delivery.
- JIT and multimode– These are offered throughout the domestic U.S.
The Kenworth trucks we just added to our fleet are all ready and able to continue offering these services to our clients. We continue to look for new ways to improve this part of the supply chain so you can continue to run at higher profitability so your costs don’t have to be passed on to the consumer.
Increasing Safety with New Trucks
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Safety is priority ONE at Calex.
Vehicles that don’t perform up to our safety standards only contribute to higher risks and less-efficient transportation.
At Calex, we won’t expose our drivers or your inventory to those kinds of risks.
The features listed above help us embrace road safety, and we ensure that every truck is compliant with the ELD mandate, but this is just a start.
Everyone who will drive one of these trucks for Calex must first pass a Speed and Space Management Driving Course.
This training focuses on elements like proper speed, proper spacing, and how to stay alert to things like changing environmental conditions, other drivers, and unexpected hazards. When our drivers commit to improving in all these areas, it improves the safety for everyone involved.
The Right Truck for the Right Job
At Calex, we continue to explore our options so we can keep our fleet of trucks updated to the highest safety and efficiency standards. Whether you are moving goods across the country or shipping perishable products to the other side of the city, we’ll make sure you have the right truck and the best drivers completing your delivery.